Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Still here

I'm still here, in case you were wondering. I'm slogging laboriously through Anatomy and Physiology, trying to eke out an A despite a hideously disorganized and immature teacher (hello, underpaid community college adjunct!) I have to wear a ridiculous respirator in the lab to keep my asthma under control in the presence of irritating formalin fumes from the preserved kitties, and my teacher actually laughed at me for wearing it!
I just worked my skinny old butt off for two weeks learning the muscles in humans and cats, only to have her not ask at all about the tricky extensors and flexors of the hands and feet, which should have been on the exam; to ask repeatedly (as in about four times each) for us to identify the rectus abdominus, the tibialis anterior, the sternocleidomastoid, and the external obliques; and to ask five questions the lab manual specifically said would not be on the exam. It's annoying having to keep this woman in line!
I'm busy, but I'm quite happy for the moment. I love being in school, and I really love science. I feel a vague nostalgia for art, and look longingly at my art materials occasionally, but I still believe that there will be time for that later. The chance that there will not be matters less and less.
I wish I could skip Christmas this year, though. I hate spending money on a Christian holiday. I think that as an atheist I should be exempt. Tell that to the kids, though.

No comments: